WHAT IS IT?
Is a unique form of exercise devised by Julio Horvath. The system offers similar benefits also derived from Yoga, Tai Chi, gymnastics, dance and swimming. It enhances structural fitness, range of motion, coordination and strength, while achieving grace and mind-body connection. exercise uses a series of apparatuses specially designed to enhance athletic performance, coordination, support proprioceptive awareness, as well as build long lean muscle tone by working with weight resistance.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
- Integrates and balances the mind, body and emotions
- Activates and strengthens the core
- Increases flexibility and strength
- Decompresses the joints creating better postural alignment and relief of pain
- Prevents injuries by strengthening and balancing the bone structure
- Releases blockages through movement, allowing energy to flow freely
- Relieves stress and regenerates the body
- Increases vitality
- Elongates, strengthens and stabilizes the spine
- Balances the chakras and energizes the body systems such as, the organs, nervous system, circulatory and lymphatic system
WHO IS IT FOR?
Gyrotonic exercise benefits EVERYONE!
- High-performance athletes & dancers
- Movement & exercise enthusiasts
- People with specific disabilities & rehabilitative needs
- Professionals who suffer from lower back pain and symptoms related to a sedentary work lifestyle
“Anouk is an inspiration. She is resourceful, imaginative and very patient. At the beginning, I did not know how to breath deeply let alone perform the complex coordination of Gyrotonic movements, so she started from the basics. With her constant encouragement, meticulous attention to detail and perseverance, I soon made considerable progress. Now my body is much stronger, better aligned and more flexible. Every Gyrotonic class gives me so much energy and vitality.” – S. Bobeva (European Commission, journalist, media expert)
“I always go away from my class with Anouk with a sense of freedom in my body and as a result also feel it in my every day life. Anouk is careful and precise in every correction. She is very clear in her explanations, demonstration of movements and makes me work thoroughly. She perfectly combines professionalism, gentleness and skill. Her Gyrotonic classes are a pleasure! “- M. Arnoux (EU Commission, translator)
“Anouk is a very inspiring, thoughtful and supportive trainer, whose passion for the body and movement in its most minute details, supports my constant progress.” – S. Bleiburg (Psychologist)
“Je sors toujours de mon cours avec Anouk avec une sensation de liberté dans mon corps, liée au travail que je fais avec elle et dont je perçois les résultats au quotidien. Anouk est très attentive et très précise dans les moindres corrections, très claire dans ses explications et la démonstration des mouvements, et me fait travailler à fond. Elle allie à merveille professionnalisme, douceur et compétence. Ses cours de Gyrotonic sont un vrai plaisir!” – M. Arnoux (Interprète)
Over the course of my dance career I had numerous injuries that were all turning points. In 2007, a physiotherapist recommended that I try the Gyrotonic method. The results were immediate pain relief, increased strength and mobility, as well as a feeling of emotional balance and harmony. Through exercising regularly, I discovered my body’s ability to heal itself and how to build up my core strength. In 2012, I was diagnosed with a hernia in my lumbar spine and again with diligent training in the Gyrotonic method, recovered fully without surgery. In 2013, I became a certified Gyrotonic instructor and am now certified in and Gyrotonic Level 2. I love helping people achieve their personal goals and watch their feel a sense of well being increase as they develop through this incredible method.